Private Clients & Family Offices
Custom solutions built for complex family wealth
We create tailored solutions that aim to meet the complex requirements of private clients and family offices, helping their wealth to grow and legacies to continue.
- 265+ private clients across the globe
- 28% of the firm's client base is private families
- 65+ private client senior investment professionals
Why Cambridge Associates?
A commitment to your goals
Our dedicated investment teams draw on deep experience in the management of private wealth to build custom portfolios from the ground up based on each client’s distinct objectives. We approach our clients’ goals as if they are our own. Informed by solid investment principles, every portfolio is designed to realize unique, meaningful outcomes for each client.
*Cambridge Associates typically works with families and family offices with a minimum portfolio size of $100 million or equivalent.
How We Serve Private Clients
Our strengths are rooted in meeting family wealth needs
We serve a community of families around the world, providing:
- Advice from a privately held, independent investment firm
- Deep client partnerships, grounded in customized service and one-of-a-kind portfolios
- Access to promising investment ideas through our global platform of manager relationships
Our investment portfolios are tailored to the risk and return objectives of each individual client. When investing assets as an independent, privately owned firm, we sit on their side of the table and view the investment world with the family’s objectives at the forefront.
Head of European Private Client Practice
Each client has a distinct story
With nearly four decades of experience supporting private clients and family offices, we’ve learned that no two families are alike. Explore our library of case studies to learn how our experienced team builds custom portfolios to meet the needs of each client and their distinct circumstances, wherever they may be in their investment journey.
Our clients represent a diverse mix of circumstances and needs
Whether you’re a first-generation wealth creator, a family trustee, a business owner, or a fifth-generation family member, we can help you. We’ll navigate the complexities of long-term investing to build and preserve your assets for you and your future generations.
Our clients include:
- Investor types: Wealth owner, family office, trustee
- Industry background: consumer goods, entertainment, finance and investment management, manufacturing, real estate, technology
- Type of investment structure: Specialized investor fund, Trusts, RAIF, Alternative Investment Fund, SIVAC, OEIC, Unit Trust, Insurance Wrappers, etc.
Portfolio construction for families
Portfolio management for families of significant wealth is distinctly different than for institutions, or those with traditional wealth management needs. Check out our video and paper by Heather Jablow to learn more.