CA Life is Cambridge Associates’ employee engagement initiative focused on creating the culture and community we want for all of our colleagues across the globe.
CA Life is focused on several firm-wide workstreams, including:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Firm Values
- Professional Growth and Development
Corporate Social Responsibility
Cambridge Associates believes it is our obligation to create and provide access to opportunity and to support success in the communities where we work. We do this through three areas of focus:
- Supporting Women: Ensuring women professionals join, and then thrive in, our firm and our industry
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion: Enhancing our culture and decision-making by welcoming and supporting people from a diverse range of backgrounds, ethnicities, and life experiences
- Sustaining Community: Preserving and creating opportunity for future generations by applying our time, talent, and expertise to building more sustainable and nurturing communities
Cambridge Associates is focused on ensuring that people with diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and life experiences join, and then thrive in, our firm and our industry. We believe that pursuing increased diversity within our firm is essential for three reasons:
- Our success depends on our talent, and to find the best talent we need to look at the broadest pool of candidates
- There is conclusive evidence that surfacing diverse viewpoints leads to better decision-making and better financial outcomes
- Our clients expect us to build a diverse talent pool for the reasons above, and because giving opportunity to all is the right thing to do to
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives include:
- CA Mosaic: dedicated to representing ethnically diverse colleagues within the CA community, increasing firm-wide diversity and inclusion, building community, providing support, enhancing career development, and contributing to the personal development of our diverse staff
- CA Pride: dedicated to representing LGBTQ+ employees, working to establish Cambridge Associates as a leader with regard to the workplace environment for and professional development of LGBTQ+ colleagues, and addressing issues affecting opportunity for members of the LGBTQ+ community
- CA Women: dedicated to maintaining a productive and supportive work environment that empowers all employees to thrive personally and professionally at Cambridge Associates
To help foster these initiatives, we support a summer MBA internship program focused on ethnic minority and female students who have an interest in our firm. We also have an ongoing commitment to increase the diversity of our candidate pipelines by exploring and expanding the base of schools where we recruit, including historically black colleges and universities, women’s colleges, and large state universities.
We proactively engage throughout the year with women- and minority-related affinity groups and networks that help advance investment outcomes, create connections in the industry, and encourage people to consider careers in investing. These groups include:
- The Toigo Foundation
- 100 Women in Finance
- The Association of Asian American Investment Managers (AAAIM)
- High Water Women
- Year Up
- Girls Who Invest
- Out for Undergrad
- Reaching Out MBA
- LAVCA (The Association for Private Capital Investment in Latin America)
- and more
We also sponsor Prevail, an industry network that enables outstanding women—investors, business owners, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists—to share their ideas as they influence and invest for the future.
Cambridge Associates is committed to creating a unique, global culture that supports the experience of our entire community. This is built upon our six Firm Values:
- Clients First: Always act in the best interests of our clients.
- Own It: Hold ourselves accountable to our clients and each other.
- Be Bold: Learn and innovate every day.
- Collaboration Wins: Bring diverse perspectives together to best serve our clients and our firm.
- Seek Truth: Be transparent and authentic. Listen and learn from each other.
- Kindness Matters: Care for and encourage one another. Appreciate each other’s contributions.
These values are an important component of how we measure ourselves and our work performance.
Professional Growth and Development
Cambridge Associates is dedicated to maintaining a culture and value proposition that allows us to recruit and retain top talent. To learn more about how we invest in our colleagues, click here.